Global Curriculum & Mentorship Program
The IGCS Gynecologic Oncology Global Curriculum & Mentorship Program, is a comprehensive two-year education and training program designed for regions around the world that do not currently have formal training in gynecologic oncology. The program matches institutions and individuals from higher resource settings (International Mentors) with partners in lower resource settings wishing to obtain formal gynecologic oncology training (twinning). For more information about the Global Curriculum and Mentorship Program, please contact Allie Rubeo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each training site is paired with an International Mentor or Mentors, who is an IGCS member that has an existing relationship with the site.
- The Mentors are responsible for tracking the fellow’s progress by reviewing case logs, completing bi-annual In Training Evaluation Forms, and facilitating monthly quizzes and reading assignments.
- The Mentors will travel to the training site twice per year to provide hands-on surgical training and in-person education.
- The IGCS Fellows travel to Mentor’s institution for a 1-3 month observership
- The Fellows present cases to Mentors, colleagues and other IGCS members in a monthly virtual tumor board
- Fellow has completed the program, an oral structured clinical final examination will be administered on site by a member of the IGCS Global Curriculum Examination Committee. The Fellow will receive an IGCS Certificate of Completion after completing all program requirements and passing the examination.
Da Nang Oncology Hospital, Vietnam
Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
National University Cancer Institute, Singapore
Hospital Central de Maputo, Mozambique
Barretos Cancer Hospital, Barretos, Brazil
Oncology Department of Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Brazil
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Texas, USA
Paul’s Hospital and Black Lion Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
University of Minnesota and University of Michigan, USA
Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Germany
Moi University, Moi, Kenya
University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
University of the West Indies, Jamaica
Queen’s University Belfast, United Kingdom
Learn more about the UWI program
Liberia College of Physicians & Surgeons, Liberia
Mount Sinai Hospital, United States
Hospital San Juan de Dios, Guatemala
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Colombia