IGCS Members and Friends,
We are pleased to announce that IGCS has entered a strategic partnership with the International Society for the Study of Trophoblastic Diseases (ISSTD).
ISSTD aims to forge international collaborations between cooperative groups to improve the outcomes of women with trophoblastic diseases through education, research, and where possible clinical-trial development in a highly constructive and cost-effective manner.
Both IGCS and ISSTD consist of multidisciplinary professionals that include dedicated gynecologic oncologists, medical oncologists, clinical chemists, geneticists, pathologist, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists and allied health professionals committed to the care of women with gynecological cancers. IGCS being a global organization can reach parts of the world where the disease is most prevalent and impacting lives.
We would like to share that IGCS and ISSTD leaderships who worked very closely in making the partnership goal oriented in achieving the following joint objectives of our organizations:
- Early career research and professional development: to convene early career members for the purpose of developing and promoting research project ideas and to understand the importance of publishing and writing as critical components to their career development.
- Provide mentorship and training opportunities to low resource settings through Project ECHO Virtual Tumor Board tele-mentoring (with ISSTD contributing GTD education)
- Integrate educational programming exchanges between the IGCS Annual Global Meeting and the ISSTD Biennial World Congress on Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
- Build a strong advocacy network among patient-survivors and caregivers to share experiences and promote public awareness and education regarding GTD
- Strategize on data collection methods at sites with high prevalence of disease to learn more about ways of improving patient outcomes.
Together, we will certainly be stronger and reach higher levels of success in our common goals to serve the global community of gynecologic cancer professionals and the patients they care for.
Roberto Angioli, MD
Ross Berkowitz, MD