If you would like to see your event on this calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events must be related to the field of gynecologic cancers with the target audience of clinicians, researchers, or advocates (patient/survivors/family members/caregivers).
- This event has passed.
GOC 20th Continuing Professional Development Meeting
Aug 30, 2021 - Sep 2, 2021
Join the Society of Gynecologic Oncology of Canada in their 20th Continuing Professional Development Meeting (CPD). This virtual meeting will be held from Wednesday, April 21st to Saturday, April 24th.
- To emphasize the importance of “Wellness” and assess the landscape of “Burnout” in medical personnel and what can be done to identify the problem and help either ourselves or colleagues in need.
- To introduce the principle of productivity and how to develop personal strategies to improve productivity wherever applicable in daily life.
- To summarize the three “Hot Topic” practice-changing peer-reviewed published articles of 2020.
- To discuss the indications for maintenance therapy in ovarian cancer and the possible role of immunotherapy.
- To review some rare types of ovarian cancer (mucinous and clear cell) and current treatment philosophies with an emphasis on future clinical research.
- To summarize the advances in the adjuvant treatment of endometrial cancer both with respect to radiation and molecular therapy.
- To improve the understanding of the problem of lymphedema in the gynecologic oncology population and explore the roles of the supportive care team, physiotherapy, and plastic surgery in the management of the condition.
- To understand current projections of global cervical cancer eradication.
Learn more about presentation topics, daily agendas and speakers: https://www.gocevents.com/copy-of-cpd-2021