The 2021 IGCS Annual Global Meeting is being held in Rome at the Auditorium Parco della Musica with portions of the program being held in a digital environment so that delegates unable to travel may participate remotely.
Planning for Rome? Health & Safety Information
Safety is of course our utmost priority and the IGCS team is working very closely with a local professional conference organizer, the venue, and the Italian government as rules and regulations are released for safe ways to gather with an abundancy of caution.
Learn More About Health & Safety Information
- To accommodate social distancing at the Auditorium, a maximum of 650 in-person tickets will be sold. There is no limit on virtual registration.
- IGCS has appointed COVID Safety Officers responsible for ensuring that guidelines are followed, and proper steps are taken in the event of a positive COVID case. The names and contact information of the COVID Safety Officers will be made prominently available for all delegates to contact with any questions or for any reason before and during the meeting.
- 48 hours in advance of the IGCS meeting, a negative COVID test result is required for delegates to be admitted to the meeting venue. IGCS will offer rapid testing at the meeting venue August 28th & 29th and will provide a list of alternate testing locations in Rome.
- The Auditorium has provided detailed safety measures that will be shared with delegates attending in-person in advance of the meeting.
We continue to be most appreciative to the Società Italiana di Oncologia Ginecologica (SIOG) and the Società Italiana di Ginecologia e Ostetrica (SIGO) for their continued support and partnership in planning Rome 2021.
Read more in the welcome letter from the 2021 Scientific Program Committee Chairs. Please check back regularly for updates about the IGCS 2021 Annual Global Meeting. Join us in thinking bold!
2021 Scientific Program Committee Chairs
Ana Oaknin, MD, PhD (Spain)
Matthew Powell, MD (USA)
General Abstract Submission Deadline: May 12th
Early Registration Deadline: July 13th
Late Breaking Abstract Submission: June 8 – June 29th
Preliminary Program Details
Learn More About the Program
- 3.5 days of programming
- Delegates may attend in person or virtually
- Master Sessions on ovarian, cervix, uterine, and vulvar cancers are back by popular demand
- Surgical education track
- Oral abstract presentations
- Continuing medical education credits for live and on-demand sessions
- The featured poster sessions and virtual abstract poster hall will be just as robust as the 2020 meeting with the poster hall featuring audio recordings from the authors
Optimizing Engagement with the Latest Virtual Meeting Technology and Hub & Spoke Model
Expanding on the success of the fully digital 2020 IGCS Annual Global Meeting, IGCS 2021 will utilize the latest virtual meeting technology to broadcast engaging sessions and provide delegates access to hundreds of virtual abstract posters and audio recordings.
Engagement is major priority for IGCS 2021, and we have found a unique way to disseminate our education globally without sacrificing personal interaction for those who cannot be in Rome. With the virtual platform we will be using a “hub and spoke” approach that will allow us to broadcast from Rome as the hub, to many locations where gynecologic oncology professionals may gather all over the globe – thus creating the spokes.
We are encouraging regional gatherings of delegates when conducive and identifying local key opinion leaders in each of these regions to interact with the speakers and moderators in Rome to provide a similar effect and impact as to being there in person.
Learn More About the Hub & Spoke Meeting Model
Delegates have the option to attend in person or participate virtually. Those who attend in person will have full access to the virtual platform. Group registration available for all options. Visit igcs2021.com/registration for more information.
Learn More About Registration Options