It’s that time of year! If your membership is set to expire on December 31st, please make sure to renew so that we may continue to serve you in 2020.
IGCS, being a member driven organization, relies on the members to support us in many ways – including renewing your membership. This past year, we’ve accomplished a lot thanks to your support and the contributions of our members. I hope you will renew your membership so you can continue receiving member benefits like these. Here are just a few examples of what we’ve accomplished in 2019:
- Increased our membership by over 250 percent. In 2016, we had about 900 members and now we serve over 3200 gynecologic oncology specialists from 115 countries.
- Launched a new online social community (Social Link) for members to communicate, share information and learn from each other.
- Conducted our first live-streaming educational webinar (for free) with nearly 200 attendees from 54 countries.
- Hosted monthly Project ECHO virtual tumor board video conferences in 17 different sites around the world with over 120 faculty contributors discussing more than 300 cases.
- Formed an Early Career Research & Publications Network to provide early career members with a supportive network of peers and mentors to discuss publishing and writing as critical components to career development.
- Expanded the Gynecologic Oncology Global Curriculum & Mentorship Program to 12 training sites and recently celebrated 3 fellows passing their final examination.
- Funded 14 young doctors from low-resource countries to attend the IGCS Annual Global Meeting in Brazil.
- Re-instated the Visiting Scholars & Mentorship Program, funding travel and accommodations for 3 young doctors from mid to low-resource countries to visit an established center to learn specific skills not available at their institution.
- Assembled a global network of advocacy and outreach groups to empower women and communities.
- Cultivated partnerships with regional and international groups to work towards our mission to improve the care of women worldwide.
In 2020, we hope to accomplish even more.
We plan to bring our members an enhanced online education experience, including a palliative care certificate program and dedicated resources for pathology and radiation oncology.
2020 is an election year for new Officers and Council Members, so make sure to renew your membership so you can vote in the upcoming election – or apply for a position on the council.
Please sign in to your member account and submit your membership dues for 2020 or pay in advance up to three years. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the IGCS Membership Manager, Cathy Fearing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, we thank you for your continued dedication. We look forward to serving you for another year!
Mary Eiken, MS